Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Guess what I did today?!

I went WAY outside of my comfort zone today.  And guess what?  It wasn't as bad as I feared it would be.

You know how we are our own worst critic?  No matter how much someone else may say how much they believe in us, or tell us how well we do things, there is still that little voice inside our heads telling us we suck.  And I am certainly no different there.

Today I took a stack of my hand painted cards, some order sheets, business cards and a bunch of sample sheets and went to several different local businesses to see if they would like to order some of my cards to sell in their shops.  HOLY CRAP GUYS.

The first shop I went to, the lady oohed and aahed over the cards.  She was very excited about them and was quite sure that the owner would want to order some, possibly 3 dozen.  WHAT.  I left the shop walking on air.  Anything after that would be icing on the cake, I didn't even care anymore if I got one order at all.  Just the fact that a total stranger liked my art enough to want to sell it in a shop was good enough for me.

I went to 5 shops in total, and in not one shop was the owner there, but I left all my sample sheets and contact info and everyone reacted positively to the cards.  It was great!!!  I will certainly be doing this again, because in Seattle there is no shortage of little shops carrying local artist's wares.

And now I have some more ideas for cards and I can't wait to paint!  Hurray!

Getting ready for some sales calls...

No comments:

Post a Comment